VLC media player
You can find on this page details on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. You can find out more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. More data about the program VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. VLC media player's full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file occupies 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 530.35 KB (543076
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (280.81 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
This data is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201605300401
only. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Some people decide to erase this application. This is troublesome because doing this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY procedure to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 10:59:50.433