VLC media player
You can find on this page details on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Take a look here
where you can find out more on VideoLAN. Detailed information about VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player program is found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC folder, depending on the user's option during install. You can uninstall VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is named vlc.exe and occupies 126.02 KB (129043 bytes).
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy an average of 521.91 KB (534433
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.37 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This web page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201603010002
alone. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, people try to erase this program. This can be troublesome because removing this by hand takes some experience related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK action to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player in the list of applications, the following data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-15 21:32:41.567