VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be found here
. You can read more about about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the application. The complete uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's main executable file and it occupies circa 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They take about 531.65 KB (544406
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.11 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201605190402
only. For more VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Some users want to uninstall it. Sometimes this is efortful because performing this by hand takes some knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE solution to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of apps, some information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-05-30 02:33:53.020