VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. It is written by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Open here
where you can get more info on VideoLAN. You can see more info related to VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player program is to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's main executable file and it takes about 124.52 KB (127507 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are contained in VLC media player. They occupy 498.96 KB (510930
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (262.42 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (112.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (124.52 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.2.0201406100029
of VLC media player. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling VLC media player we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall VLC media player:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\VLC media player.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
VLC media player is an application released by VideoLAN. Frequently, users decide to erase this application. Sometimes this is efortful because removing this by hand takes some advanced knowledge related to PCs. The best QUICK way to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select VLC media player in the list of programs, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 10:43:25.813