This web page contains complete information on how to uninstall Freeplane for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Freeplane from your PCOpen source
. More data about Open source can be found here
. More details about Freeplane can be seen at http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/
. Freeplane is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files\Freeplane directory, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling Freeplane is "C:\Program Files\Freeplane\unins000.exe". Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for admin rights. freeplane.exe is the Freeplane's primary executable file and it occupies close to 117.00 KB (119808 bytes) on disk.
Freeplane installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 1.26 MB (1323971
bytes) on disk.
- freeplane.exe (117.00 KB)
- freeplaneConsole.exe (23.00 KB)
- unins000.exe (1.13 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.2.21
of Freeplane. You can find here a few links to other Freeplane releases:
...click to view all...
Freeplane is a program offered by Open source. Some people try to uninstall this program. This is easier said than done because removing this manually requires some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK practice to uninstall Freeplane is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete Freeplane with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Freeplane or simply click the Search feature and type in "Freeplane". If it exists on your system the Freeplane program will be found very quickly. After you click Freeplane in the list of programs, some data about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about Freeplane, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Freeplane:
- The web site of the application is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files\Freeplane\unins000.exe"
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Freeplane.
8. After removing Freeplane, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Freeplane which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Freeplane using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Freeplane by Open source from your computer, we are not saying that Freeplane by Open source is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Freeplane supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-05-11 23:34:00.873