This page contains thorough information on how to remove GeoGebra for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall GeoGebra from your systemInternational GeoGebra Institute
. More info about International GeoGebra Institute can be seen here
. Please follow http://www.geogebra.org/
if you want to read more on GeoGebra on International GeoGebra Institute's web page. The program is often located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\GeoGebra directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary being determined by the user's choice. C:\Program Files (x86)\GeoGebra\uninstaller.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall GeoGebra. GeoGebra's main file takes about 173.15 KB (177304 bytes) and is called geogebra.exe.
GeoGebra is comprised of the following executables which occupy 526.58 KB (539216
bytes) on disk:
- geogebra.exe (173.15 KB)
- uninstaller.exe (353.43 KB)
The current page applies to GeoGebra version 126.96.36.199
only. For more GeoGebra versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you remove GeoGebra.The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove GeoGebra:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GeoGebra\geogebra.exe
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GeoGebra Forum.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GeoGebra.lnk
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\GeoGebra\geogebra.exe
GeoGebra is a program by the software company International GeoGebra Institute. Some users try to erase it. This is troublesome because performing this manually requires some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE action to erase GeoGebra is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall GeoGebra from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find GeoGebra or simply activate the Search field and type in "GeoGebra". If it is installed on your PC the GeoGebra app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select GeoGebra in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding GeoGebra, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for GeoGebra:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.geogebra.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\GeoGebra\uninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove GeoGebra.
8. After uninstalling GeoGebra, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong GeoGebra which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling GeoGebra using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall GeoGebra by International GeoGebra Institute from your PC, we are not saying that GeoGebra by International GeoGebra Institute is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall GeoGebra supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-09-03 12:54:30.207