This page contains complete information on how to remove Fiddler for Windows. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall Fiddler from your PCTelerik
. You can read more on Telerik or check for application updates here
. Click on http://fiddler2.com/
to get more information about Fiddler on Telerik's website. Fiddler is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2 directory, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the program. The full command line for uninstalling Fiddler is C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2\uninst.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. Fiddler.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 975.76 KB (999176 bytes) on disk.
Fiddler installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 1.17 MB (1222963
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ExecAction.exe (6.50 KB)
- Fiddler.exe (975.76 KB)
- ForceCPU.exe (6.50 KB)
- makecert.exe (54.33 KB)
- TrustCert.exe (14.77 KB)
- uninst.exe (59.96 KB)
- UpdateFiddler2.exe (38.24 KB)
The current page applies to Fiddler version 18.104.22.168
only. You can find below info on other application versions of Fiddler:
...click to view all...
Fiddler has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders remaining:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2
Frequently the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2\Xceed.Compression.Formats.v5.1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2\Xceed.Compression.Formats.v5.3.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2\Xceed.Compression.v5.1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2\Xceed.Compression.v5.3.dll
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
Fiddler is an application marketed by Telerik. Frequently, users try to remove it. Sometimes this is troublesome because doing this manually takes some experience regarding PCs. The best EASY manner to remove Fiddler is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Fiddler with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Fiddler or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Fiddler". If it is installed on your PC the Fiddler application will be found automatically. After you select Fiddler in the list of programs, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about Fiddler, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Fiddler:
- The web site of the application is: http://fiddler2.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2\uninst.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Fiddler.
8. After removing Fiddler, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Fiddler that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Fiddler using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Fiddler by Telerik from your computer, nor are we saying that Fiddler by Telerik is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Fiddler in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-28 12:19:19.073