ESET Smart Security
ESET Smart Security is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall ESET Smart Security from your computerESET, spol s r. o.
. More information about ESET, spol s r. o. can be read here
. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security directory (same installation drive as Windows). egui.exe is the ESET Smart Security's primary executable file and it occupies about 4.84 MB (5078504 bytes) on disk.
ESET Smart Security is composed of the following executables which take 9.13 MB (9575232
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- callmsi.exe (79.05 KB)
- eCapture.exe (119.28 KB)
- ecls.exe (292.29 KB)
- ecmd.exe (58.93 KB)
- eeclnt.exe (47.93 KB)
- egui.exe (4.84 MB)
- ekrn.exe (1.28 MB)
- SysInspector.exe (1.20 MB)
- SysRescue.exe (1.22 MB)
The current web page applies to ESET Smart Security version 6.0.314.0
alone. For more ESET Smart Security versions please click below:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall ESET Smart Security you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories that were found:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove ESET Smart Security:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Documentation.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ESET Smart Security.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ESET SysInspector.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ESET SysRescue.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\
ESET Smart Security is an application offered by ESET, spol s r. o.. Frequently, computer users decide to erase it. Sometimes this can be troublesome because uninstalling this by hand takes some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. The best QUICK solution to erase ESET Smart Security is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase ESET Smart Security from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate ESET Smart Security or simply activate the Search feature and type in "ESET Smart Security". If it is installed on your PC the ESET Smart Security application will be found automatically. When you select ESET Smart Security in the list , the following information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding ESET Smart Security, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove ESET Smart Security.
8. After uninstalling ESET Smart Security, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of ESET Smart Security which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing ESET Smart Security using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. from your PC, nor are we saying that ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall ESET Smart Security supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-18 21:32:53.257