ESET Smart Security
This web page contains thorough information on how to remove ESET Smart Security for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall ESET Smart Security from your PCESET, spol s r. o.
. More information on ESET, spol s r. o. can be found here
. ESET Smart Security is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security folder, depending on the user's choice. egui.exe is the ESET Smart Security's main executable file and it takes about 2.12 MB (2219184 bytes) on disk.
ESET Smart Security contains of the executables below. They occupy 5.57 MB (5837272
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ekrn.exe (791.16 KB)
- SysInspector.exe (686.55 KB)
- ecmd.exe (58.89 KB)
- eeclnt.exe (70.96 KB)
- EHttpSrv.exe (32.80 KB)
- callmsi.exe (66.94 KB)
- SysRescue.exe (1.19 MB)
- ecls.exe (264.09 KB)
- egui.exe (2.12 MB)
- upgrade.exe (340.25 KB)
The current web page applies to ESET Smart Security version 126.96.36.199
only. Click on the links below for other ESET Smart Security versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders left behind when you uninstall ESET Smart Security:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall ESET Smart Security:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\ESET\ESET Smart Security
Generally the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\callmsi.exe
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\DMON.dll
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Drivers\eamonm\eamonm.cat
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Drivers\eamonm\eamonm.inf
Additional registry values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\
ESET Smart Security is a program offered by the software company ESET, spol s r. o.. Frequently, people try to remove this program. This can be hard because uninstalling this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK way to remove ESET Smart Security is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase ESET Smart Security from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate ESET Smart Security or simply activate the Search field and type in "ESET Smart Security". If it exists on your system the ESET Smart Security application will be found automatically. After you click ESET Smart Security in the list of applications, some information about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about ESET Smart Security, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove ESET Smart Security.
8. After uninstalling ESET Smart Security, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of ESET Smart Security that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling ESET Smart Security with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. from your PC, we are not saying that ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall ESET Smart Security in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-26 01:09:20.530