ESET Smart Security
This web page contains thorough information on how to remove ESET Smart Security for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall ESET Smart Security from your PCESET, spol s r. o.
. More information on ESET, spol s r. o. can be found here
. ESET Smart Security is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security folder, depending on the user's choice. egui.exe is the ESET Smart Security's main executable file and it takes about 2.12 MB (2219184 bytes) on disk.
ESET Smart Security contains of the executables below. They occupy 5.57 MB (5837272
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ekrn.exe (791.16 KB)
- SysInspector.exe (686.55 KB)
- ecmd.exe (58.89 KB)
- eeclnt.exe (70.96 KB)
- EHttpSrv.exe (32.80 KB)
- callmsi.exe (66.94 KB)
- SysRescue.exe (1.19 MB)
- ecls.exe (264.09 KB)
- egui.exe (2.12 MB)
- upgrade.exe (340.25 KB)
The current web page applies to ESET Smart Security version 22.214.171.124
only. Click on the links below for other ESET Smart Security versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders left behind when you uninstall ESET Smart Security:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall ESET Smart Security:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\ESET\ESET Smart Security
Generally the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\callmsi.exe
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\DMON.dll
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Drivers\eamonm\eamonm.cat
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Drivers\eamonm\eamonm.inf
Additional registry values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\
ESET Smart Security is a program offered by the software company ESET, spol s r. o.. Frequently, people try to remove this program. This can be hard because uninstalling this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK way to remove ESET Smart Security is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase ESET Smart Security from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find ESET Smart Security or simply activate the Search feature and type in "ESET Smart Security". If it is installed on your PC the ESET Smart Security app will be found automatically. When you click ESET Smart Security in the list , some information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about ESET Smart Security, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove ESET Smart Security.
8. After uninstalling ESET Smart Security, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of ESET Smart Security that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling ESET Smart Security with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. from your PC, we are not saying that ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall ESET Smart Security in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-26 01:09:20.530