ESET Smart Security
This page is about ESET Smart Security for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall ESET Smart Security from your computerESET, spol s r. o.
. You can find out more on ESET, spol s r. o. or check for application updates here
. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security folder. Keep in mind that this location can vary depending on the user's preference. egui.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 1.89 MB (1980200 bytes) on disk.
ESET Smart Security is composed of the following executables which occupy 4.76 MB (4991304
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- callmsi.exe (66.91 KB)
- ecls.exe (243.95 KB)
- ecmd.exe (58.87 KB)
- eeclnt.exe (62.89 KB)
- egui.exe (1.89 MB)
- EHttpSrv.exe (20.20 KB)
- ekrn.exe (694.57 KB)
- SysInspector.exe (602.03 KB)
- SysRescue.exe (847.46 KB)
- upgrade.exe (343.66 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 220.127.116.11
of ESET Smart Security. Click on the links below for other ESET Smart Security versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk by ESET Smart Security's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\callmsi.exe
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\DMON.dll
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecmd.exe
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\
ESET Smart Security is a program released by the software company ESET, spol s r. o.. Some computer users try to erase this application. This can be easier said than done because removing this by hand requires some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK action to erase ESET Smart Security is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase ESET Smart Security with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find ESET Smart Security or simply click the Search field and type in "ESET Smart Security". If it exists on your system the ESET Smart Security application will be found automatically. After you select ESET Smart Security in the list of apps, the following information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding ESET Smart Security, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove ESET Smart Security.
8. After uninstalling ESET Smart Security, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of ESET Smart Security which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling ESET Smart Security with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. from your computer, nor are we saying that ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall ESET Smart Security supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-15 09:42:45.800