ESET Smart Security
ESET Smart Security is a computer program. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by How to uninstall ESET Smart Security from your computerESET, spol s r. o.
. Further information on ESET, spol s r. o. can be found here
. ESET Smart Security is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security directory, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's option while installing the program. ESET Smart Security's main file takes about 1.96 MB (2054360 bytes) and is called egui.exe.
The executable files below are installed along with ESET Smart Security. They take about 4.61 MB (4828920
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- callmsi.exe (66.91 KB)
- ecls.exe (239.92 KB)
- ecmd.exe (58.87 KB)
- eeclnt.exe (62.89 KB)
- egui.exe (1.96 MB)
- EHttpSrv.exe (20.20 KB)
- ekrn.exe (718.71 KB)
- SysInspector.exe (658.36 KB)
- SysRescue.exe (883.67 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 4.0.474.0
of ESET Smart Security. Click on the links below for other ESET Smart Security versions:
...click to view all...
ESET Smart Security has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall ESET Smart Security:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\ESET\ESET Smart Security
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\em023_32.dat
- C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\em028_64.dat
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Quarantine\0E01E4C60B2D262EF13CA56F01DF4EBD9C180BF9.NDF
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Quarantine\0E01E4C60B2D262EF13CA56F01DF4EBD9C180BF9.NQF
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Quarantine\101F622EB9C1F9232A7782A38342554C76209012.NDF
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Quarantine\101F622EB9C1F9232A7782A38342554C76209012.NQF
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Quarantine\CAB363D0A7A396EC4C257CBC6093727F369DFF61.NDF
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Quarantine\CAB363D0A7A396EC4C257CBC6093727F369DFF61.NQF
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Quarantine\INFO.NQI
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ESET Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\
ESET Smart Security is an application marketed by ESET, spol s r. o.. Sometimes, computer users choose to erase this application. This is troublesome because removing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE practice to erase ESET Smart Security is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase ESET Smart Security using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find ESET Smart Security or simply activate the Search field and type in "ESET Smart Security". The ESET Smart Security program will be found automatically. When you select ESET Smart Security in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding ESET Smart Security, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove ESET Smart Security.
8. After removing ESET Smart Security, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of ESET Smart Security which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling ESET Smart Security using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. from your PC, we are not saying that ESET Smart Security by ESET, spol s r. o. is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall ESET Smart Security in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 05:57:13.620