AOL Computer Checkup
AOL Computer Checkup is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup from your PCAOL
. More information on AOL can be seen here
. Click on http://computercheckup.aol.com/
to get more data about AOL Computer Checkup on AOL's website. The application is usually placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup directory. Keep in mind that this location can vary being determined by the user's decision. C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe /appName AOL Computer Checkup is the full command line if you want to remove AOL Computer Checkup. The application's main executable file is titled sdcCont.exe and occupies 82.09 KB (84056 bytes).
AOL Computer Checkup installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 16.56 MB (17366816
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- GadgetInstaller.exe (122.00 KB)
- sdcCont.exe (82.09 KB)
- sdcConta.exe (82.59 KB)
- sdcService.exe (580.09 KB)
- ssagent.exe (1.41 MB)
- sscontLm.exe (1.39 MB)
- toolBarInstWrapper.exe (62.00 KB)
- uninst.exe (241.49 KB)
- aol_toolbar.exe (8.42 MB)
This page is about AOL Computer Checkup version 22.214.171.124
only. For other AOL Computer Checkup versions please click below:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall AOL Computer Checkup:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove AOL Computer Checkup:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AOL Computer Checkup
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\AOL\Computer Checkup
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\7z.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\assets.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl100.dll
Additional values that are not removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AOL Computer Checkup
AOL Computer Checkup is a program offered by the software company AOL. Frequently, computer users decide to remove this application. This is troublesome because uninstalling this manually requires some know-how related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE practice to remove AOL Computer Checkup is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove AOL Computer Checkup from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AOL Computer Checkup or simply click the Search field and type in "AOL Computer Checkup". If it is installed on your PC the AOL Computer Checkup application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select AOL Computer Checkup in the list of programs, some information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about AOL Computer Checkup, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for AOL Computer Checkup:
- The web site of the application is: http://computercheckup.aol.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe /appName AOL Computer Checkup
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove AOL Computer Checkup.
8. After uninstalling AOL Computer Checkup, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of AOL Computer Checkup that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing AOL Computer Checkup using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup by AOL from your PC, nor are we saying that AOL Computer Checkup by AOL is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 17:44:27.227