AOL Computer Checkup
This page contains thorough information on how to remove AOL Computer Checkup for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup from your systemAOL
. You can read more on AOL or check for application updates here
. More details about AOL Computer Checkup can be found at http://computercheckup.aol.com/
. Usually the AOL Computer Checkup program is to be found in the C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Checkup folder, depending on the user's option during install. The full command line for uninstalling AOL Computer Checkup is C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for administrator rights. AOL Computer Checkup's primary file takes about 82.09 KB (84056 bytes) and its name is sdccont.exe.
The following executables are contained in AOL Computer Checkup. They take 22.74 MB (23847470
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- DownloadManager.exe (128.94 KB)
- GadgetInstaller.exe (122.00 KB)
- sdccont.exe (82.09 KB)
- sdcconta.exe (82.59 KB)
- sdcService.exe (573.59 KB)
- ssagent.exe (1.40 MB)
- sscontlm.exe (1.39 MB)
- toolBarInstWrapper.exe (62.00 KB)
- uninst.exe (241.33 KB)
- aol_toolbar.exe (3.65 MB)
- sscontLm.exe (1.39 MB)
- PCPowerCare.exe (12.24 MB)
The current page applies to AOL Computer Checkup version 22.214.171.124
only. Click on the links below for other AOL Computer Checkup versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders that were found:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove AOL Computer Checkup:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\7z.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\assets.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl100.dll
Additional registry values that you should remove:
AOL Computer Checkup is a program offered by AOL. Some people want to erase this program. Sometimes this is hard because doing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY way to erase AOL Computer Checkup is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove AOL Computer Checkup from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find AOL Computer Checkup or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AOL Computer Checkup". The AOL Computer Checkup program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click AOL Computer Checkup in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding AOL Computer Checkup, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for AOL Computer Checkup:
- The software company is: http://computercheckup.aol.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall AOL Computer Checkup.
8. After uninstalling AOL Computer Checkup, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong AOL Computer Checkup that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling AOL Computer Checkup with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove AOL Computer Checkup by AOL from your computer, we are not saying that AOL Computer Checkup by AOL is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove AOL Computer Checkup supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-02-05 16:22:41.680