AOL Computer Checkup
AOL Computer Checkup is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup from your PCAOL
. Go over here
where you can find out more on AOL. You can read more about about AOL Computer Checkup at http://computercheckup.aol.com/
. Usually the AOL Computer Checkup application is to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup directory, depending on the user's option during setup. You can uninstall AOL Computer Checkup by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe /appName AOL Computer Checkup. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. sdcCont.exe is the AOL Computer Checkup's primary executable file and it occupies around 82.09 KB (84056 bytes) on disk.
AOL Computer Checkup installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 20.37 MB (21360416
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- GadgetInstaller.exe (122.00 KB)
- sdcCont.exe (82.09 KB)
- sdcConta.exe (82.59 KB)
- sdcService.exe (573.59 KB)
- ssagent.exe (1.40 MB)
- sscontLm.exe (1.39 MB)
- toolBarInstWrapper.exe (62.00 KB)
- uninst.exe (241.49 KB)
- sscontLm.exe (1.39 MB)
- PCPowerCare.exe (12.24 MB)
The current page applies to AOL Computer Checkup version 188.8.131.52
only. You can find here a few links to other AOL Computer Checkup versions:
...click to view all...
Some files, folders and Windows registry data can not be deleted when you are trying to remove AOL Computer Checkup from your computer.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall AOL Computer Checkup:
The files below are left behind on your disk by AOL Computer Checkup's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AOL Computer Checkup
Generally the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\7z.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\assets.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl100.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AOL Computer Checkup
AOL Computer Checkup is an application by the software company AOL. Some computer users want to remove this program. Sometimes this can be difficult because doing this by hand takes some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK procedure to remove AOL Computer Checkup is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase AOL Computer Checkup from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find AOL Computer Checkup or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AOL Computer Checkup". The AOL Computer Checkup program will be found automatically. After you click AOL Computer Checkup in the list , the following data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about AOL Computer Checkup, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for AOL Computer Checkup:
- The software company is: http://computercheckup.aol.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe /appName AOL Computer Checkup
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove AOL Computer Checkup.
8. After removing AOL Computer Checkup, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong AOL Computer Checkup that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling AOL Computer Checkup with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup by AOL from your PC, we are not saying that AOL Computer Checkup by AOL is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-07-09 04:38:47.017