AOL Computer Checkup
AOL Computer Checkup is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup from your computerAOL
. Open here
where you can find out more on AOL. More data about the program AOL Computer Checkup can be found at http://computercheckup.aol.com/
. AOL Computer Checkup is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup directory, depending on the user's choice. You can uninstall AOL Computer Checkup by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe /appName AOL Computer Checkup. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. The application's main executable file occupies 82.09 KB (84056 bytes) on disk and is named sdcCont.exe.
The executables below are part of AOL Computer Checkup. They take about 18.96 MB (19881454
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- GadgetInstaller.exe (122.00 KB)
- sdcCont.exe (82.09 KB)
- sdcConta.exe (82.59 KB)
- sdcService.exe (573.09 KB)
- ssagent.exe (1.40 MB)
- sscontLm.exe (1.39 MB)
- toolBarInstWrapper.exe (54.50 KB)
- uninst.exe (241.33 KB)
- PCPowerCare.exe (12.25 MB)
The current web page applies to AOL Computer Checkup version 220.127.116.11
alone. For more AOL Computer Checkup versions please click below:
...click to view all...
AOL Computer Checkup has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories found on disk:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove AOL Computer Checkup:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AOL Computer Checkup
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\AOL\Computer Checkup
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\7z.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\assets.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\atl100.dll
Additional values that you should clean:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AOL Computer Checkup
AOL Computer Checkup is an application marketed by AOL. Frequently, users decide to uninstall it. Sometimes this is hard because performing this manually takes some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY approach to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall AOL Computer Checkup from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AOL Computer Checkup or simply click the Search field and type in "AOL Computer Checkup". If it is installed on your PC the AOL Computer Checkup app will be found very quickly. After you select AOL Computer Checkup in the list of apps, the following information about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about AOL Computer Checkup, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for AOL Computer Checkup:
- The publisher is: http://computercheckup.aol.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Computer Checkup\uninst.exe /appName AOL Computer Checkup
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove AOL Computer Checkup.
8. After removing AOL Computer Checkup, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of AOL Computer Checkup that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AOL Computer Checkup with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove AOL Computer Checkup by AOL from your computer, we are not saying that AOL Computer Checkup by AOL is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove AOL Computer Checkup in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-02-08 02:11:12.110