Folder Guard is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall Folder Guard from your computerWinAbility® Software Corporation
. Check out here
where you can get more info on WinAbility® Software Corporation. Please open http://www.winability.com/
if you want to read more on Folder Guard on WinAbility® Software Corporation's website. Folder Guard is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\Folder Guard folder, subject to the user's decision. The full command line for removing Folder Guard is C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\Setup64.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Folder Guard's main file takes around 1.30 MB (1362248 bytes) and is called FGuard64.exe.
The executables below are part of Folder Guard. They occupy about 2.01 MB (2105632
bytes) on disk.
- FGKey64.exe (140.32 KB)
- FGuard64.exe (1.30 MB)
- FG_ERU64.exe (96.82 KB)
- Setup64.exe (488.82 KB)
The current page applies to Folder Guard version 8.1
only. For more Folder Guard versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Folder Guard has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories left on disk:
The files below remain on your disk by Folder Guard when you uninstall it:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Folder Guard
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Folder Guard\My Folder Guard Settings.FGA
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Folder Guard
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WinAbility\Folder Guard
Folder Guard is a program released by WinAbility® Software Corporation. Some computer users decide to erase this application. This is troublesome because deleting this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY procedure to erase Folder Guard is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase Folder Guard from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Folder Guard or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Folder Guard". If it exists on your system the Folder Guard application will be found automatically. When you select Folder Guard in the list of apps, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Folder Guard, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Folder Guard:
- The publisher is: http://www.winability.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\Setup64.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Folder Guard.
8. After removing Folder Guard, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Folder Guard that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Folder Guard using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
This page is not a recommendation to remove Folder Guard by WinAbility® Software Corporation from your computer, we are not saying that Folder Guard by WinAbility® Software Corporation is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Folder Guard in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-12-08 06:49:13.460