This info is about Folder Guard for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Folder Guard from your computerWinAbility® Software Corporation
. Go over here
where you can get more info on WinAbility® Software Corporation. Please open http://www.winability.com/
if you want to read more on Folder Guard on WinAbility® Software Corporation's page. Folder Guard is typically installed in the C:\Program Files\Folder Guard folder, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\Setup64.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Folder Guard. FGuard64.exe is the Folder Guard's primary executable file and it takes circa 1.94 MB (2038984 bytes) on disk.
Folder Guard installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 3.98 MB (4169704
bytes) on disk.
- FG64.exe (191.20 KB)
- FGREMU.EXE (1.30 MB)
- FGuard64.exe (1.94 MB)
- FG_ERU64.exe (91.20 KB)
- Setup64.exe (462.20 KB)
This data is about Folder Guard version 10.4.1
only. Click on the links below for other Folder Guard versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Folder Guard we advise you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Folder Guard from your PC:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Folder Guard's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FG_ERU64.exe
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FG64.exe
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FGH64.dll
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FGREMU.EXE
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FGuard.chm
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FGUARD64.dll
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FGuard64.exe
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\FGUARD64.sys
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\License.txt
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\Setup.ini
- C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\Setup64.exe
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.DataAccessPage.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Diagram.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Form.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Function.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Macro.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Module.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Query.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Report.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.StoredProcedure.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.Table.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Access.Shortcut.View.1\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Application.Reference\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\IE.AssocFile.URL\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\IE.AssocFile.WEBSITE\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Microsoft.Website\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WSHFile\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\Folder Guard
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinAbility\Folder Guard
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Folder Guard
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WinAbility\Folder Guard
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Folder Guard\ImagePath
Folder Guard is an application marketed by WinAbility® Software Corporation. Some users choose to erase it. This is easier said than done because performing this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK approach to erase Folder Guard is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Folder Guard with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Folder Guard or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Folder Guard". The Folder Guard program will be found automatically. After you select Folder Guard in the list of programs, some data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Folder Guard, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Folder Guard:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.winability.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Folder Guard\Setup64.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Folder Guard.
8. After uninstalling Folder Guard, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Folder Guard which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Folder Guard with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
This page is not a recommendation to remove Folder Guard by WinAbility® Software Corporation from your computer, we are not saying that Folder Guard by WinAbility® Software Corporation is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Folder Guard in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-05-22 01:16:12.797