This web page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Welcome Center for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall Welcome Center from your PCAcer Incorporated
. Go over here
where you can get more info on Acer Incorporated. Click on http://www.acer.com
to get more details about Welcome Center on Acer Incorporated's website. Usually the Welcome Center program is found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Welcome Center folder, depending on the user's option during install. You can uninstall Welcome Center by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Welcome Center\Uninstall.exe. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. OEMWelcomeCenter.exe is the Welcome Center's primary executable file and it takes circa 552.10 KB (565352 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed alongside Welcome Center. They take about 1.95 MB (2044624
bytes) on disk.
- OEMWelcomeCenter.exe (552.10 KB)
- uninstall.exe (1.41 MB)
This web page is about Welcome Center version 1.02.3005
only. Click on the links below for other Welcome Center versions:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Welcome Center.Directories left on disk:
The files below remain on your disk by Welcome Center when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\Acer\Welcome Center
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Acer\Welcome Center\Acer\120\Logo.png
- C:\Program Files\Acer\Welcome Center\Acer\120\Thumbs.db
- C:\Program Files\Acer\Welcome Center\Acer\120\WelcomeCenterBanner.png
- C:\Program Files\Acer\Welcome Center\Acer\144\Logo.png
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Acer Welcome Center
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Acer Welcome Center\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Acer Welcome Center\InstallLocation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Acer Welcome Center\UninstallString
Welcome Center is a program by Acer Incorporated. Frequently, computer users try to uninstall this application. This can be easier said than done because uninstalling this manually requires some experience regarding PCs. One of the best SIMPLE way to uninstall Welcome Center is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase Welcome Center from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Welcome Center or simply activate the Search field and type in "Welcome Center". The Welcome Center program will be found automatically. When you select Welcome Center in the list of apps, some information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about Welcome Center, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Welcome Center:
- The software company is: http://www.acer.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Welcome Center\Uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Welcome Center.
8. After uninstalling Welcome Center, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Welcome Center that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Welcome Center using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Welcome Center by Acer Incorporated from your computer, we are not saying that Welcome Center by Acer Incorporated is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Welcome Center in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 07:06:08.870