Carbonite is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall Carbonite from your PCCarbonite
. Check out here
for more info on Carbonite. More info about the app Carbonite can be seen at www.carbonite.com
. Carbonite is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup directory, subject to the user's decision. C:\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteSetup.exe /remove is the full command line if you want to remove Carbonite. The program's main executable file is named CarboniteUI.exe and occupies 1.22 MB (1278568 bytes).
Carbonite is composed of the following executables which occupy 17.69 MB (18545232
bytes) on disk:
- CarboniteSetup.exe (16.47 MB)
- CarboniteUI.exe (1.22 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 6.3.37602022018
of Carbonite. You can find below info on other releases of Carbonite:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Part_A few of these are listed below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Carbonite:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Carbonite when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteNSE.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\carbonite.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.carbonite.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\carbonite.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\www.carbonite.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-3778702844-3472821592-258190480-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteSetup.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-3778702844-3472821592-258190480-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
Carbonite is a program by Carbonite. Sometimes, users want to remove this program. Sometimes this can be hard because deleting this manually requires some know-how related to PCs. One of the best QUICK approach to remove Carbonite is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Carbonite using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Carbonite or simply click the Search field and type in "Carbonite". If it exists on your system the Carbonite program will be found very quickly. When you select Carbonite in the list , the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Carbonite, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Carbonite:
- The publisher is: www.carbonite.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteSetup.exe /remove
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Carbonite.
8. After uninstalling Carbonite, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Carbonite which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Carbonite using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Carbonite by Carbonite from your computer, we are not saying that Carbonite by Carbonite is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove Carbonite in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2018-02-14 20:59:05.710