This web page contains complete information on how to uninstall Unity for Windows. It is developed by A guide to uninstall Unity from your PCUnity Technologies ApS
. Further information on Unity Technologies ApS can be found here
. Please follow http://www.unity3d.com
if you want to read more on Unity on Unity Technologies ApS's page. You can uninstall Unity by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file has a size of 28.81 MB (30213192 bytes) on disk and is named Unity.exe.
The following executables are contained in Unity. They occupy 28.81 MB (30213192
bytes) on disk.
The current page applies to Unity version 4.5.33
only. For other Unity versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you remove Unity.Directories left on disk:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Unity:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity
Many times the following registry data will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.xml
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.xml
Additional registry values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity scene file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file\DefaultIcon\
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file\shell\edit\command\
Unity is a program marketed by Unity Technologies ApS. Sometimes, people want to uninstall it. Sometimes this is efortful because performing this manually takes some skill related to removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE approach to uninstall Unity is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Unity from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Unity or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Unity". If it exists on your system the Unity application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Unity in the list of applications, the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Unity, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Unity:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.unity3d.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Unity.
8. After removing Unity, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Unity which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Unity using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Unity by Unity Technologies ApS from your computer, nor are we saying that Unity by Unity Technologies ApS is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Unity in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-09-18 21:45:48.040