How to uninstall Unity from your system
Unity is a computer program. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is written by Unity Technologies ApS
. Additional info about Unity Technologies ApS can be seen here
. Further information about Unity can be found at http://www.unity3d.com
. Usually the Unity program is placed in the C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor directory, depending on the user's option during install. Unity's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 10.00 KB (10240 bytes) on disk and is named plugin-container.exe.
The executables below are part of Unity. They occupy an average of 239.77 MB (251420456
bytes) on disk.
- plugin-container.exe (10.00 KB)
The current web page applies to Unity version 5.0.21
only. You can find below info on other versions of Unity:
...click to view all...
Unity has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders remaining:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Unity:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)\Report a Problem with Unity.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)\Unity Documentation.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)\Unity.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity scene file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\program files\unity\editor\unity.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file\DefaultIcon\
How to remove Unity with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Unity is an application released by the software company Unity Technologies ApS. Sometimes, computer users want to remove this program. This is troublesome because doing this by hand takes some know-how regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE approach to remove Unity is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Unity or simply click the Search feature and type in "Unity". If it is installed on your PC the Unity program will be found very quickly. After you click Unity in the list of programs, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Unity, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Unity:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.unity3d.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Unity.
8. After removing Unity, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Unity which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Unity with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
Users that installed Unity:
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Unity by Unity Technologies ApS from your PC, nor are we saying that Unity by Unity Technologies ApS is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Unity in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-05-25 07:22:52.900