Unity is a computer program. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is written by How to uninstall Unity from your systemUnity Technologies ApS
. Additional info about Unity Technologies ApS can be seen here
. Further information about Unity can be found at http://www.unity3d.com
. Usually the Unity program is placed in the C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor directory, depending on the user's option during install. Unity's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 10.00 KB (10240 bytes) on disk and is named plugin-container.exe.
The executables below are part of Unity. They occupy an average of 239.77 MB (251420456
bytes) on disk.
- plugin-container.exe (10.00 KB)
The current web page applies to Unity version 5.0.21
only. You can find below info on other versions of Unity:
...click to view all...
Unity has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders remaining:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Unity:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)\Report a Problem with Unity.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)\Unity Documentation.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.2f1 (64-bit)\Unity.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity scene file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\program files\unity\editor\unity.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file\DefaultIcon\
Unity is an application released by the software company Unity Technologies ApS. Sometimes, computer users want to remove this program. This is troublesome because doing this by hand takes some know-how regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE approach to remove Unity is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove Unity with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Unity or simply activate the Search field and type in "Unity". The Unity program will be found very quickly. After you click Unity in the list of apps, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Unity, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Unity:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.unity3d.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Unity.
8. After removing Unity, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Unity which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Unity with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Unity by Unity Technologies ApS from your PC, nor are we saying that Unity by Unity Technologies ApS is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Unity in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-05-25 07:22:52.900