This web page contains detailed information on how to remove Unity for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Unity from your systemUnity Technologies ApS
. More information on Unity Technologies ApS can be found here
. Click on http://www.unity3d.com
to get more information about Unity on Unity Technologies ApS's website. The full command line for uninstalling Unity is C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. Unity.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 28.76 MB (30157896 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed together with Unity. They occupy about 28.76 MB (30157896
bytes) on disk.
This web page is about Unity version 4.5.06
alone. For more Unity versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Unity from your computer:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\MonoDevelop\Addins\MonoDevelop.Debugger.Soft.Unity
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\MonoDevelop\Addins\MonoDevelop.Debugger.Soft.Unity\MonoDevelop.Debugger.Soft.Unity.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Unity.exe
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity\MonoDevelop.lnk
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLAUserNameES_ROOT\Unity package file
- HKEY_CLAUserNameES_ROOT\Unity scene file
- HKEY_CLAUserNameES_ROOT\Unity package file\DefaultIcon\
- HKEY_CLAUserNameES_ROOT\Unity package file\shell\edit\command\
Unity is an application marketed by Unity Technologies ApS. Some users try to erase this application. This can be difficult because deleting this manually takes some know-how related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK practice to erase Unity is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to delete Unity from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Unity or simply activate the Search field and type in "Unity". If it is installed on your PC the Unity program will be found very quickly. When you click Unity in the list of programs, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Unity, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Unity:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.unity3d.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Unity.
8. After uninstalling Unity, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Unity which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Unity using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
This page is not a recommendation to remove Unity by Unity Technologies ApS from your computer, we are not saying that Unity by Unity Technologies ApS is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Unity supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-04-17 11:01:36.460