This web page is about Unity for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is made by A way to uninstall Unity from your systemUnity Technologies ApS
. Check out here
for more info on Unity Technologies ApS. Click on http://www.unity3d.com
to get more data about Unity on Unity Technologies ApS's website. Usually the Unity application is to be found in the C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor directory, depending on the user's option during install. The full command line for removing Unity is C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file is labeled Unity.exe and it has a size of 48.03 MB (50360792 bytes).
Unity is composed of the following executables which take 66.20 MB (69414920
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- Uninstall.exe (605.95 KB)
- Unity.exe (48.03 MB)
- UnityHelper.exe (280.00 KB)
- PVRTexTool.exe (3.25 MB)
- QuicktimeTools.exe (1.83 MB)
- umbraprocess32.exe (53.50 KB)
- umbraprocess64.exe (56.50 KB)
- UnityShaderCompiler.exe (1.99 MB)
- UnityYAMLMerge.exe (769.96 KB)
- UnusedBytecodeStripper.exe (10.00 KB)
- UnwrapCL.exe (302.50 KB)
- AssemblyUpdater.exe (61.00 KB)
- ScriptUpdater.exe (9.50 KB)
- sockpol.exe (8.00 KB)
- UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe (90.00 KB)
- PerforcePlugin.exe (2.07 MB)
- PlasticSCMPlugin.exe (7.50 KB)
- SubversionPlugin.exe (300.00 KB)
- TestServer.exe (182.00 KB)
- JobProcess.exe (3.91 MB)
- UnityShaderCompiler.exe (2.44 MB)
This page is about Unity version 5.3.11
alone. For other Unity versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you remove Unity.Directories that were found:
Generally, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Visual Studio Tools for Unity
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Unity
- C:\Users\agraw_000\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Unity
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Visual Studio Tools for Unity\Boo.Lang.Compiler.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Visual Studio Tools for Unity\Boo.Lang.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Visual Studio Tools for Unity\Boo.Lang.Parser.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DefaultCompany\New Unity Project
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe.FriendlyAppName
Unity is an application offered by Unity Technologies ApS. Frequently, people try to uninstall it. This is easier said than done because performing this by hand takes some advanced knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK action to uninstall Unity is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase Unity from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Unity or simply activate the Search field and type in "Unity". The Unity program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select Unity in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Unity, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Unity:
- The publisher is: http://www.unity3d.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Unity.
8. After uninstalling Unity, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Unity that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Unity with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Unity by Unity Technologies ApS from your PC, nor are we saying that Unity by Unity Technologies ApS is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Unity in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-12-20 18:16:31.537