Origin is a computer program. This page contains details on how to remove it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall Origin from your computerElectronic Arts, Inc.
. You can read more on Electronic Arts, Inc. or check for application updates here
. Detailed information about Origin can be seen at http://www.ea.com
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for removing Origin is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. Origin.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 3.00 MB (3141400 bytes) on disk.
Origin contains of the executables below. They take 123.77 MB (129779904
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- EALink.exe (19.89 MB)
- EAProxyInstaller.exe (1.95 MB)
- EASteamProxy.exe (345.29 KB)
- GetGameToken32.exe (46.29 KB)
- GetGameToken64.exe (51.78 KB)
- igoproxy.exe (43.27 KB)
- igoproxy64.exe (48.27 KB)
- Origin.exe (3.00 MB)
- OriginClientService.exe (2.39 MB)
- OriginCrashReporter.exe (2.53 MB)
- OriginER.exe (10.88 MB)
- OriginThinSetupInternal.exe (21.71 MB)
- OriginUninstall.exe (692.30 KB)
- OriginWebHelperService.exe (3.30 MB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (21.80 KB)
- UpdateTool.exe (298.78 KB)
- vcredist_x64.exe (6.86 MB)
- vcredist_x64_vs2010.exe (5.41 MB)
- vcredist_x64_vs2015.exe (14.59 MB)
- vcredist_x86.exe (6.20 MB)
- vcredist_x86_vs2010.exe (4.76 MB)
- vcredist_x86_vs2015.exe (13.79 MB)
- EACoreServer.exe (94.80 KB)
- EAProxyInstaller.exe (1.55 MB)
- Login.exe (468.84 KB)
- MessageDlg.exe (393.36 KB)
- OriginLegacyCLI.exe (804.80 KB)
- OriginUninstall.exe (1.27 MB)
- PatchProgress.exe (460.37 KB)
This info is about Origin version 10.5.71.41480
alone. For other Origin versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Origin has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders that were found:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Origin:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Origin
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Origin\Autorun\ThinSetup.json
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Origin\OriginThinSetup.exe
Additional registry values that you should remove:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Origin Client Service
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Origin Web Helper Service
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Origin Client Service\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Origin Client Service\ImagePath
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Origin Web Helper Service\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Origin Web Helper Service\ImagePath
Origin is an application offered by the software company Electronic Arts, Inc.. Sometimes, users decide to erase this application. Sometimes this is difficult because performing this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to PCs. The best EASY solution to erase Origin is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Origin from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Origin or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Origin". The Origin application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Origin in the list of apps, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Origin, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Origin:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.ea.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Origin.
8. After removing Origin, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Origin which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Origin using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove Origin in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2020-06-11 02:46:52.243