This page is about Origin for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Origin from your PCElectronic Arts, Inc.
. You can find out more on Electronic Arts, Inc. or check for application updates here
. More data about the app Origin can be found at http://www.ea.com
. Origin is normally set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling Origin is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file occupies 3.25 MB (3407536 bytes) on disk and is titled Origin.exe.
The executables below are part of Origin. They occupy an average of 4.19 MB (4389064
bytes) on disk.
- Origin.exe (3.25 MB)
- OriginUninstall.exe (958.52 KB)
This data is about Origin version 126.96.36.199
alone. You can find below a few links to other Origin releases:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Origin.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk by Origin when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
Usually the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUpdate_8_6_3_49.zip
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Origin Bound Certs
Origin is a program by the software company Electronic Arts, Inc.. Some people try to erase this application. Sometimes this is hard because deleting this manually requires some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK action to erase Origin is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase Origin with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Origin or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Origin". If it is installed on your PC the Origin application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Origin in the list of applications, some data about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Origin, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Origin:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.ea.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Origin.
8. After uninstalling Origin, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Origin which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Origin with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Origin in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 18:44:31.477