This page is about Origin for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall Origin from your PCElectronic Arts, Inc.
. You can find out more on Electronic Arts, Inc. or check for application updates here
. More data about the app Origin can be found at http://www.ea.com
. Origin is normally set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling Origin is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file occupies 3.25 MB (3407536 bytes) on disk and is titled Origin.exe.
The executables below are part of Origin. They occupy an average of 4.19 MB (4389064
bytes) on disk.
- Origin.exe (3.25 MB)
- OriginUninstall.exe (958.52 KB)
This data is about Origin version 126.96.36.199
alone. You can find below a few links to other Origin releases:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Origin.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk by Origin when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Origin
Usually the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\avutil-51.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\codecs\qcncodecs4.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\codecs\qjpcodecs4.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\codecs\qkrcodecs4.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
Origin is an application by Electronic Arts, Inc.. Frequently, people try to remove this program. This can be efortful because performing this by hand takes some experience related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY approach to remove Origin is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Origin with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Origin or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Origin". The Origin program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Origin in the list of applications, the following data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Origin, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Origin:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.ea.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Origin.
8. After uninstalling Origin, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Origin which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Origin with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Origin supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 18:44:31.477