This page is about Skype for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It is written by A guide to uninstall Skype from your systemSkype Technologies S.A.
. More info about Skype Technologies S.A. can be found here
. Detailed information about Skype can be found at http://www.skype.com/
. Skype is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop folder, depending on the user's choice. The full uninstall command line for Skype is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop\Uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file occupies 87.42 MB (91667312 bytes) on disk and is named Skype.exe.
Skype is comprised of the following executables which take 89.16 MB (93495306
bytes) on disk:
- Skype.exe (87.42 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.41 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (340.28 KB)
This page is about Skype version 184.108.40.206
alone. Click on the links below for other Skype versions:
...click to view all...
Skype is an application released by Skype Technologies S.A.. Frequently, people choose to remove this program. This can be difficult because deleting this manually requires some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK procedure to remove Skype is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Skype from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Skype or simply click the Search field and type in "Skype". If it is installed on your PC the Skype app will be found very quickly. When you select Skype in the list , the following information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Skype, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Skype:
- The publisher is: http://www.skype.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop\Uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Skype.
8. After removing Skype, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Skype which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Skype with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Skype by Skype Technologies S.A. from your computer, we are not saying that Skype by Skype Technologies S.A. is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Skype supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2020-06-08 20:16:09.457