Notepad++ is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall Notepad++ from your computerNotepad++ Team
. Additional info about Notepad++ Team can be found here
. Click on http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
to get more info about Notepad++ on Notepad++ Team's website. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is labeled notepad++.exe and its approximative size is 2.40 MB (2519040 bytes).
Notepad++ contains of the executables below. They occupy 3.06 MB (3213477
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (2.40 MB)
- uninstall.exe (274.16 KB)
- gpup.exe (272.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
This web page is about Notepad++ version 22.214.171.124
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Notepad++:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall Notepad++ you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Notepad++ from your PC:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Notepad++:
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\allowAppDataPlugins.xml
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\doLocalConf.xml
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\NppShell_06.dll
Notepad++ is an application released by Notepad++ Team. Frequently, people decide to remove it. Sometimes this can be hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE manner to remove Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Notepad++ using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Notepad++ or simply activate the Search field and type in "Notepad++". The Notepad++ application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Notepad++ in the list of applications, some information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the program is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Notepad++.
8. After removing Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Notepad++ which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Notepad++ using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your computer, we are not saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Notepad++ in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 13:18:18.547