You can find on this page details on how to uninstall Notepad++ for Windows. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall Notepad++ from your PCNotepad++ Team
. You can find out more on Notepad++ Team or check for application updates here
. More details about the program Notepad++ can be found at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\Notepad++ directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. notepad++.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 1.56 MB (1634304 bytes) on disk.
Notepad++ installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 2.34 MB (2457228
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (1.56 MB)
- uninstall.exe (259.64 KB)
- gpup.exe (412.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
This page is about Notepad++ version 6.1.8
alone. For more Notepad++ versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Notepad++ is a program marketed by Notepad++ Team. Some computer users choose to remove this application. This is hard because deleting this by hand requires some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY procedure to remove Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete Notepad++ with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Notepad++ or simply click the Search feature and type in "Notepad++". If it exists on your system the Notepad++ program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Notepad++ in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the program is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Notepad++ which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Notepad++ using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your computer, we are not saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Notepad++ supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-02-11 13:30:34.580