You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall Notepad++ for Windows. It is made by A guide to uninstall Notepad++ from your systemNotepad++ Team
. You can read more on Notepad++ Team or check for application updates here
. More details about Notepad++ can be seen at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. Notepad++ is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ directory, depending on the user's decision. C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Notepad++. notepad++.exe is the Notepad++'s primary executable file and it takes around 2.29 MB (2404352 bytes) on disk.
Notepad++ contains of the executables below. They take 3.09 MB (3240053
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (2.29 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.11 KB)
- gpup.exe (412.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
The current web page applies to Notepad++ version 6.6.8
alone. You can find below a few links to other Notepad++ versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Notepad++ we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\allowAppDataPlugins.xml
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\change.log
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\config.model.xml
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\contextMenu.xml
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
Notepad++ is a program offered by the software company Notepad++ Team. Sometimes, people decide to erase it. Sometimes this is efortful because performing this manually takes some knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE action to erase Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Notepad++ with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Notepad++ or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Notepad++". The Notepad++ app will be found automatically. When you select Notepad++ in the list of apps, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Notepad++, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The software company is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Notepad++ which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your PC, nor are we saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Notepad++ supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 14:29:26.327