This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Notepad++ for Windows. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall Notepad++ from your systemNotepad++ Team
. More data about Notepad++ Team can be found here
. You can see more info about Notepad++ at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. Usually the Notepad++ application is found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ directory, depending on the user's option during install. You can remove Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Note that you might be prompted for admin rights. Notepad++'s main file takes about 2.04 MB (2140848 bytes) and its name is notepad++.exe.
The executables below are part of Notepad++. They take about 2.72 MB (2850129
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (2.04 MB)
- uninstall.exe (274.31 KB)
- gpup.exe (279.17 KB)
- GUP.exe (139.17 KB)
This data is about Notepad++ version 126.96.36.199
only. Click on the links below for other Notepad++ versions:
...click to view all...
Notepad++ is a program marketed by Notepad++ Team. Frequently, computer users want to remove this application. This is difficult because deleting this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE way to remove Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Notepad++ or simply activate the Search field and type in "Notepad++". If it is installed on your PC the Notepad++ app will be found very quickly. After you select Notepad++ in the list of apps, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the program is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Notepad++.
8. After removing Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Notepad++ which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your computer, we are not saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Notepad++ in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-08 12:10:09.830