Notepad++ is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by How to uninstall Notepad++ from your systemNotepad++ Team
. Check out here
for more details on Notepad++ Team. More information about Notepad++ can be found at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. Notepad++ is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ directory, depending on the user's choice. Notepad++'s entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. notepad++.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 1.63 MB (1712128 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of Notepad++. They occupy about 2.43 MB (2547602
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (1.63 MB)
- uninstall.exe (271.89 KB)
- gpup.exe (412.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
This page is about Notepad++ version 6.3.2
only. For more Notepad++ versions please click below:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Notepad++ we suggest you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Notepad++:
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++
- C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\change.log
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\config.model.xml
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\langs.model.xml
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\license.txt
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
Notepad++ is an application released by Notepad++ Team. Frequently, people decide to uninstall it. Sometimes this is difficult because deleting this by hand takes some skill regarding PCs. One of the best EASY practice to uninstall Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Notepad++ with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Notepad++ or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Notepad++". The Notepad++ app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Notepad++ in the list of programs, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Notepad++, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the program is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Notepad++ that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your PC, we are not saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Notepad++ supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-20 12:33:42.730