Notepad++ is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall Notepad++ from your computerNotepad++ Team
. Additional info about Notepad++ Team can be found here
. Click on http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
to get more info about Notepad++ on Notepad++ Team's website. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is labeled notepad++.exe and its approximative size is 2.40 MB (2519040 bytes).
Notepad++ contains of the executables below. They occupy 3.06 MB (3213477
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (2.40 MB)
- uninstall.exe (274.16 KB)
- gpup.exe (272.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
This web page is about Notepad++ version 22.214.171.124
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Notepad++:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall Notepad++ you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Notepad++ from your PC:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Notepad++:
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\allowAppDataPlugins.xml
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\doLocalConf.xml
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\NppShell_06.dll
Notepad++ is an application released by Notepad++ Team. Frequently, people decide to remove it. Sometimes this can be hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE manner to remove Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Notepad++ using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Notepad++ or simply click the Search field and type in "Notepad++". The Notepad++ application will be found automatically. After you click Notepad++ in the list , some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the application is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Notepad++.
8. After removing Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Notepad++ which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Notepad++ using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your computer, we are not saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Notepad++ in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-20 13:18:18.547