This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Notepad++ for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Notepad++ from your systemNotepad++ Team
. You can find out more on Notepad++ Team or check for application updates here
. Please follow http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
if you want to read more on Notepad++ on Notepad++ Team's website. The application is often installed in the C:\Program Files\Notepad++ folder. Keep in mind that this path can differ being determined by the user's preference. You can uninstall Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. Notepad++'s primary file takes about 2.37 MB (2485248 bytes) and its name is notepad++.exe.
Notepad++ contains of the executables below. They occupy 3.17 MB (3320957
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (2.37 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.12 KB)
- gpup.exe (412.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 6.7.1
of Notepad++. You can find below info on other versions of Notepad++:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Notepad++ we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Notepad++:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Notepad++'s application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++
Registry that is not uninstalled:
Notepad++ is a program marketed by Notepad++ Team. Some computer users want to remove this application. Sometimes this is hard because uninstalling this by hand requires some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY solution to remove Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Notepad++ from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Notepad++ or simply click the Search feature and type in "Notepad++". If it is installed on your PC the Notepad++ application will be found automatically. After you click Notepad++ in the list , some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Notepad++, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The publisher is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Notepad++.
8. After removing Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Notepad++ that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Notepad++ using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your PC, nor are we saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Notepad++ in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 07:28:01.150