Ad-Aware Antivirus is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus from your PCLavasoft
. Go over here
for more details on Lavasoft. More information about the program Ad-Aware Antivirus can be seen at http://www.Lavasoft.com
. The application is often placed in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0 folder (same installation drive as Windows). Ad-Aware Antivirus's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0\AdAwareUpdater.exe. The application's main executable file is titled AdAwareUpdater.exe and it has a size of 4.04 MB (4236096 bytes).
Ad-Aware Antivirus is comprised of the following executables which occupy 6.72 MB (7045264
bytes) on disk:
- AdAwareUpdater.exe (4.04 MB)
- AdAwareWebInstaller.exe (2.68 MB)
This data is about Ad-Aware Antivirus version 11.3.6321.0
only. You can find below a few links to other Ad-Aware Antivirus releases:
...click to view all...
When planning to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were found:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0\AdAwareIncompatibles.dll
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0\AdAwareThreatWorkAlliance.dll
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0\AdAwareUpdater.exe
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0\AdAwareUpdaterDefaultSkin.dll
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0\
Ad-Aware Antivirus is an application by the software company Lavasoft. Some people choose to uninstall it. This is hard because deleting this manually takes some knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY way to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete Ad-Aware Antivirus from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Ad-Aware Antivirus or simply activate the Search field and type in "Ad-Aware Antivirus". If it is installed on your PC the Ad-Aware Antivirus application will be found automatically. When you select Ad-Aware Antivirus in the list of programs, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Ad-Aware Antivirus, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Ad-Aware Antivirus:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.Lavasoft.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.3.6321.0\AdAwareUpdater.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Ad-Aware Antivirus.
8. After uninstalling Ad-Aware Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Ad-Aware Antivirus that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Ad-Aware Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft from your PC, we are not saying that Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-22 08:37:45.757