This page is about Ad-Aware Antivirus for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by A way to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus from your computerLavasoft
. More data about Lavasoft can be read here
. More details about the app Ad-Aware Antivirus can be seen at http://www.Lavasoft.com
. The application is often located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.1.5152.0 directory. Take into account that this location can differ depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing Ad-Aware Antivirus is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.1.5152.0\AdAwareUpdater.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. Ad-Aware Antivirus's primary file takes about 3.52 MB (3691360 bytes) and is named AdAwareUpdater.exe.
The executable files below are installed alongside Ad-Aware Antivirus. They occupy about 5.17 MB (5418696
bytes) on disk.
- AdAwareUpdater.exe (3.52 MB)
- AdAwareWebInstaller.exe (1.65 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 11.1.5152.0
of Ad-Aware Antivirus. You can find below info on other versions of Ad-Aware Antivirus:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders left behind when you uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Ad-Aware Antivirus when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Ad-Aware Antivirus
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.1.5152.0\AdAwareIncompatibles.dll
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.1.5152.0\AdAwareInstaller.dll
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.1.5152.0\AdAwareUpdater.exe
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.1.5152.0\AdAwareUpdaterDefaultSkin.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Antimalware Engine\18.104.22.168\
Ad-Aware Antivirus is a program by the software company Lavasoft. Frequently, people choose to uninstall this application. This is difficult because deleting this by hand requires some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK practice to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Ad-Aware Antivirus or simply click the Search field and type in "Ad-Aware Antivirus". If it is installed on your PC the Ad-Aware Antivirus app will be found automatically. After you select Ad-Aware Antivirus in the list , the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Ad-Aware Antivirus, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Ad-Aware Antivirus:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.Lavasoft.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\11.1.5152.0\AdAwareUpdater.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Ad-Aware Antivirus.
8. After removing Ad-Aware Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Ad-Aware Antivirus which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Ad-Aware Antivirus using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft from your PC, we are not saying that Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-11 23:49:28.730