This info is about Ad-Aware Antivirus for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by A way to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus from your systemLavasoft
. You can read more on Lavasoft or check for application updates here
. Click on http://www.Lavasoft.com
to get more details about Ad-Aware Antivirus on Lavasoft's website. The application is often placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus folder (same installation drive as Windows). The program's main executable file has a size of 1.96 MB (2050416 bytes) on disk and is called AdAwareLauncher.exe.
Ad-Aware Antivirus is comprised of the following executables which occupy 30.08 MB (31546184
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- AdAware.exe (17.96 MB)
- AdAwareLauncher.exe (1.96 MB)
- AdAwareSafeBrowsing.exe (2.99 MB)
- AdAwareService.exe (1.18 MB)
- GFI.Tools.Run64.exe (184.38 KB)
- SBAMSvc.exe (3.51 MB)
- SBAMTray.exe (655.35 KB)
- SBAMWsc.exe (654.34 KB)
- SBRC.exe (196.88 KB)
- SBSetupDrivers.exe (171.36 KB)
- CartSdk64.exe (318.85 KB)
- sbrc.exe (196.84 KB)
- sbbd.exe (46.84 KB)
- sbbd.exe (43.84 KB)
- sbbd.exe (43.38 KB)
- sbbd.exe (46.38 KB)
This info is about Ad-Aware Antivirus version 10.5.2.4379
alone. Click on the links below for other Ad-Aware Antivirus versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are listed below.Directories that were left behind:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove Ad-Aware Antivirus:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Ad-Aware Antivirus
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\acertdefs0.std
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\adsrules.dat
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\AdviceTx.vdx
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\api0.std
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\AdAware.exe
Ad-Aware Antivirus is an application offered by the software company Lavasoft. Frequently, computer users want to remove it. Sometimes this can be hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best EASY way to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase Ad-Aware Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Ad-Aware Antivirus or simply click the Search field and type in "Ad-Aware Antivirus". The Ad-Aware Antivirus program will be found very quickly. After you click Ad-Aware Antivirus in the list of apps, the following information about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Ad-Aware Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus.
8. After uninstalling Ad-Aware Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Ad-Aware Antivirus that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Ad-Aware Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft from your PC, we are not saying that Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-24 19:15:07.250