Ad-Aware Antivirus is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus from your PCLavasoft
. More data about Lavasoft can be found here
. More data about the application Ad-Aware Antivirus can be seen at http://www.Lavasoft.com
. Ad-Aware Antivirus is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\188.8.131.5293 folder, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the application. The full command line for removing Ad-Aware Antivirus is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\184.108.40.20693\AdAwareUpdater.exe" --uninstall. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. AdAwareUpdater.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 4.64 MB (4870464 bytes) on disk.
Ad-Aware Antivirus installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 6.48 MB (6796432
bytes) on disk.
- AdAwareUpdater.exe (4.64 MB)
- AdAwareWebInstaller.exe (1.84 MB)
This data is about Ad-Aware Antivirus version 220.127.116.1193
only. For other Ad-Aware Antivirus versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus.Folders left behind when you uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Ad-Aware Antivirus's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\18.104.22.16893
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- C:\Users\davidwoodward\AppData\Local\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro\BackUpsData\Ad-Aware Antivirus-03122014-114544
- C:\Users\davidwoodward\AppData\Local\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro\BackUpsData\Ad-Aware Antivirus-03122014-121056
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\22.214.171.12493\AdAwareIncompatibles.dll
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\126.96.36.19993\AdAwareThreatWorkAlliance.dll
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\188.8.131.5293\AdAwareUpdater.exe
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\184.108.40.20693\AdAwareUpdaterDefaultSkin.dll
Additional registry values that you should remove:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\220.127.116.1193\
Ad-Aware Antivirus is an application by the software company Lavasoft. Frequently, users try to uninstall this application. This is efortful because uninstalling this manually requires some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. The best EASY approach to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Ad-Aware Antivirus or simply activate the Search field and type in "Ad-Aware Antivirus". If it is installed on your PC the Ad-Aware Antivirus application will be found automatically. After you select Ad-Aware Antivirus in the list of apps, the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Ad-Aware Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Ad-Aware Antivirus:
- The publisher is: http://www.Lavasoft.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Ad-Aware Antivirus Updater\18.104.22.16893\AdAwareUpdater.exe" --uninstall
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Ad-Aware Antivirus.
8. After uninstalling Ad-Aware Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Ad-Aware Antivirus that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Ad-Aware Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft from your computer, we are not saying that Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Ad-Aware Antivirus in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-02-05 19:40:02.087