AVG is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG from your computerAVG Technologies
. Further information on AVG Technologies can be seen here
. AVG is typically set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup folder, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling AVG is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=zen. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file is called avgntdumpx.exe and its approximative size is 688.52 KB (705040 bytes).
The following executables are contained in AVG. They take 4.76 MB (4988976
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (688.52 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.95 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (2.14 MB)
The current page applies to AVG version 1.0.445
only. You can find below info on other application versions of AVG:
...click to view all...
AVG is a program marketed by the software company AVG Technologies. Some users want to remove this application. This can be efortful because doing this manually requires some experience related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK approach to remove AVG is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove AVG from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find AVG or simply click the Search field and type in "AVG". If it is installed on your PC the AVG program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select AVG in the list , the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding AVG, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove AVG.
8. After removing AVG, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of AVG which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing AVG using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove AVG by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove AVG in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-02-04 18:17:17.920