Sony Ericsson Update Engine
This page is about Sony Ericsson Update Engine for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall Sony Ericsson Update Engine from your PCSony Ericsson Communications AB
. More information on Sony Ericsson Communications AB can be found here
. More details about the program Sony Ericsson Update Engine can be found at http://www.sonymobile.com/
. Sony Ericsson Update Engine is normally set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine directory, depending on the user's option. The complete uninstall command line for Sony Ericsson Update Engine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\uninst.exe. The application's main executable file has a size of 55.79 KB (57128 bytes) on disk and is titled Sony Ericsson Update Engine.exe.
Sony Ericsson Update Engine installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 1.49 MB (1565856
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- Sony Ericsson Update Engine.exe (55.79 KB)
- uninst.exe (165.34 KB)
- jabswitch.exe (46.91 KB)
- java-rmi.exe (14.91 KB)
- java.exe (170.41 KB)
- javacpl.exe (64.91 KB)
- javaw.exe (170.41 KB)
- javaws.exe (257.41 KB)
- jp2launcher.exe (50.91 KB)
- jqs.exe (177.41 KB)
- keytool.exe (14.91 KB)
- kinit.exe (14.91 KB)
- klist.exe (14.91 KB)
- ktab.exe (14.91 KB)
- orbd.exe (15.41 KB)
- pack200.exe (14.91 KB)
- policytool.exe (14.91 KB)
- rmid.exe (14.91 KB)
- rmiregistry.exe (14.91 KB)
- servertool.exe (14.91 KB)
- ssvagent.exe (47.41 KB)
- tnameserv.exe (15.41 KB)
- unpack200.exe (142.41 KB)
The current page applies to Sony Ericsson Update Engine version 18.104.22.168309191111
alone. For other Sony Ericsson Update Engine versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files, folders and Windows registry data will be left behind when you remove Sony Ericsson Update Engine from your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Sony Ericsson Update Engine:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Sony Ericsson Update Engine when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine
- C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\configuration\config.ini
- C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\jre\bin\awt.dll
- C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\jre\bin\axbridge.dll
- C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\jre\bin\client\classes.jsa
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Update Engine
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SEMC OMSI Module\UninstallString
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Update Engine\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Update Engine\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Update Engine\UninstallString
Sony Ericsson Update Engine is a program released by Sony Ericsson Communications AB. Some people decide to remove it. Sometimes this is difficult because doing this manually takes some know-how related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY approach to remove Sony Ericsson Update Engine is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Sony Ericsson Update Engine from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Sony Ericsson Update Engine or simply activate the Search field and type in "Sony Ericsson Update Engine". If it is installed on your PC the Sony Ericsson Update Engine app will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Sony Ericsson Update Engine in the list of programs, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Sony Ericsson Update Engine, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Sony Ericsson Update Engine:
- The software company is: http://www.sonymobile.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\uninst.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Sony Ericsson Update Engine.
8. After removing Sony Ericsson Update Engine, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Sony Ericsson Update Engine which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Sony Ericsson Update Engine using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Sony Ericsson Update Engine by Sony Ericsson Communications AB from your PC, we are not saying that Sony Ericsson Update Engine by Sony Ericsson Communications AB is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Sony Ericsson Update Engine supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-27 17:10:34.930