Notepad++ is a Windows application. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Notepad++ from your PCNotepad++ Team
. Further information on Notepad++ Team can be seen here
. You can see more info related to Notepad++ at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. The program is frequently found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ directory. Take into account that this path can vary being determined by the user's preference. You can uninstall Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file is named notepad++.exe and occupies 1.82 MB (1912832 bytes).
The executable files below are installed along with Notepad++. They occupy about 2.48 MB (2605120
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (1.82 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.06 KB)
- gpup.exe (272.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
This data is about Notepad++ version 6.6.1
only. You can find below info on other releases of Notepad++:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Notepad++ we suggest you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Notepad++:
Usually, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\themes\Obsidian.xml
Notepad++ is a program by the software company Notepad++ Team. Frequently, people decide to erase this application. This is efortful because performing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK approach to erase Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase Notepad++ with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Notepad++ or simply click the Search feature and type in "Notepad++". If it is installed on your PC the Notepad++ application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Notepad++ in the list of programs, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the application is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Notepad++.
8. After removing Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Notepad++ that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your computer, we are not saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Notepad++ supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-23 23:07:08.723