This web page contains thorough information on how to remove Notepad++ for Windows. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall Notepad++ from your PCNotepad++ Team
. More information on Notepad++ Team can be seen here
. Please open http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
if you want to read more on Notepad++ on Notepad++ Team's web page. Notepad++ is normally installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ folder, depending on the user's choice. C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Notepad++. notepad++.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 2.29 MB (2404352 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of Notepad++. They occupy an average of 2.95 MB (3096710
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (2.29 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.13 KB)
- gpup.exe (272.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
This info is about Notepad++ version 6.6.9
only. For other Notepad++ versions please click below:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall Notepad++ you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Notepad++:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Notepad++
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\backup\bab Esfangi.sql@2014-11-02_195033
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pokki\IndexCache\FileItems\c:|programdata|microsoft|windows|start menu|programs|notepad++
Notepad++ is an application marketed by the software company Notepad++ Team. Frequently, people want to erase it. This is difficult because uninstalling this manually requires some skill related to PCs. The best QUICK practice to erase Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase Notepad++ from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Notepad++ or simply click the Search field and type in "Notepad++". If it exists on your system the Notepad++ application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Notepad++ in the list , the following information about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about Notepad++, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the program is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Notepad++ that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your computer, nor are we saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Notepad++ in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:08:59.970