This page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Notepad++ for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall Notepad++ from your PCNotepad++ Team
. Check out here
where you can find out more on Notepad++ Team. Detailed information about Notepad++ can be found at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. Notepad++ is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ folder, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the application. Notepad++'s entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. notepad++.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 1.71 MB (1794048 bytes) on disk.
Notepad++ contains of the executables below. They occupy 1.98 MB (2072599
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (1.71 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.02 KB)
This info is about Notepad++ version 6.5.2
only. You can find below info on other releases of Notepad++:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you remove Notepad++.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Notepad++:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Notepad++:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\themes\Obsidian.xml
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
Notepad++ is an application marketed by Notepad++ Team. Some computer users try to remove this program. This can be efortful because deleting this manually takes some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE approach to remove Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Notepad++ from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Notepad++ or simply activate the Search field and type in "Notepad++". The Notepad++ app will be found automatically. When you select Notepad++ in the list of apps, some data about the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The publisher is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Notepad++ that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Notepad++ using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your PC, nor are we saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Notepad++ in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 20:14:32.503