You can find on this page details on how to uninstall Plusnet Protect for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall Plusnet Protect from your PCMcAfee, Inc.
. Further information on McAfee, Inc. can be seen here
. The program is usually located in the C:\Program Files\McAfee directory. Keep in mind that this path can differ being determined by the user's decision. The full command line for uninstalling Plusnet Protect is C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. firesvc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 67.71 KB (69336 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of Plusnet Protect. They occupy an average of 18.87 MB (19790392
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- firesvc.exe (67.71 KB)
- MpfAlert.exe (485.63 KB)
- McAlert.exe (269.38 KB)
- QcConsol.exe (231.17 KB)
- QcShm.exe (846.26 KB)
- ShrCL.exe (94.38 KB)
- McAPExe.exe (675.75 KB)
- mchlp32.exe (610.88 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (832.69 KB)
- McInstru.exe (288.00 KB)
- mcshell.exe (531.41 KB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (894.02 KB)
- mcsync.exe (1.46 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (829.12 KB)
- mispreg.exe (633.52 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (352.88 KB)
- ActUtil.exe (567.62 KB)
- McChHost.exe (385.04 KB)
- McSACore.exe (129.06 KB)
- mfeasins_x86.exe (487.75 KB)
- saUI.exe (1.48 MB)
- saUpd.exe (779.86 KB)
- uninstall.exe (919.66 KB)
- mcods.exe (467.53 KB)
- mcodsscan.exe (386.06 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (165.80 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (362.92 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (298.05 KB)
- McVulAdmAgnt.exe (647.11 KB)
- McVulAlert.exe (588.73 KB)
- McVulCon.exe (619.92 KB)
- McVulCtr.exe (1.19 MB)
- McVulUsrAgnt.exe (646.61 KB)
The current page applies to Plusnet Protect version 14.0.1076
alone. For more Plusnet Protect versions please click below:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall Plusnet Protect you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories left on disk:Usually, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\Gkp\content.bin
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\Gkp\firesvc.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\Gkp\Gkp.dll
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
Plusnet Protect is a program by McAfee, Inc.. Frequently, computer users choose to remove it. This is troublesome because deleting this by hand requires some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK practice to remove Plusnet Protect is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Plusnet Protect with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Plusnet Protect or simply click the Search feature and type in "Plusnet Protect". If it is installed on your PC the Plusnet Protect program will be found very quickly. After you click Plusnet Protect in the list of applications, the following information about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Plusnet Protect, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Plusnet Protect.
8. After uninstalling Plusnet Protect, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Plusnet Protect that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Plusnet Protect with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Plusnet Protect by McAfee, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Plusnet Protect by McAfee, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Plusnet Protect supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-11-04 18:24:22.260