Spotify is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall Spotify from your computerSpotify AB
. Go over here
for more details on Spotify AB. More info about the app Spotify can be found at https://www.spotify.com
. Spotify is usually set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify directory, depending on the user's decision. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Spotify. Spotify.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 6.43 MB (6743664 bytes) on disk.
Spotify installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 8.65 MB (9068592
bytes) on disk.
- Spotify.exe (6.43 MB)
- SpotifyCrashService.exe (524.61 KB)
- SpotifyLauncher.exe (184.61 KB)
- SpotifyWebHelper.exe (1.45 MB)
- wow_helper.exe (72.61 KB)
The current web page applies to Spotify version 18.104.22.168.42187855
only. You can find below info on other application versions of Spotify:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you remove Spotify.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Spotify:
The files below remain on your disk by Spotify when you uninstall it:
Registry that is not cleaned:
Additional registry values that you should delete:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe.FriendlyAppName
Spotify is a program by the software company Spotify AB. Some people want to erase it. This is difficult because performing this manually requires some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE way to erase Spotify is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase Spotify from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Spotify or simply activate the Search field and type in "Spotify". If it is installed on your PC the Spotify app will be found very quickly. After you click Spotify in the list , some information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Spotify, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Spotify:
- The software company is: https://www.spotify.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Spotify.
8. After uninstalling Spotify, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Spotify which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Spotify with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Spotify by Spotify AB from your PC, we are not saying that Spotify by Spotify AB is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Spotify supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 03:10:47.023