Spotify is a Windows program. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall Spotify from your systemSpotify AB
. Open here
for more information on Spotify AB. You can see more info on Spotify at http://www.spotify.com
. The application is often placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify folder. Keep in mind that this location can differ being determined by the user's choice. The entire uninstall command line for Spotify is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe. spotify.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 5.32 MB (5576408 bytes) on disk.
Spotify is comprised of the following executables which occupy 6.57 MB (6884488
bytes) on disk:
- spotify.exe (5.32 MB)
- SpotifyLauncher.exe (112.21 KB)
- SpotifyWebHelper.exe (1.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 0.8.4.124.355986
of Spotify. For other Spotify versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you remove Spotify.Folders that were found:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Spotify:
Frequently the following registry data will not be removed:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.spotify.com_0.localstorage
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Spotify.lnk
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\Spotify Web Helper
Spotify is a program by Spotify AB. Sometimes, people try to uninstall it. Sometimes this is efortful because removing this by hand requires some know-how regarding PCs. One of the best SIMPLE action to uninstall Spotify is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove Spotify from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Spotify or simply click the Search field and type in "Spotify". If it exists on your system the Spotify application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Spotify in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Spotify, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Spotify:
- The software company is: http://www.spotify.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Spotify.
8. After uninstalling Spotify, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Spotify that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Spotify with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Spotify by Spotify AB from your computer, nor are we saying that Spotify by Spotify AB is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Spotify in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-24 11:34:30.407