BitTorrent is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your PC. It is written by How to uninstall BitTorrent from your systemBitTorrent Inc.
. Open here
for more details on BitTorrent Inc.. You can read more about on BitTorrent at http://www.bittorrent.com
. The program is frequently installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling BitTorrent is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. BitTorrent's primary file takes about 1.32 MB (1388888 bytes) and its name is 7.9.2_35704.exe.
The executable files below are installed along with BitTorrent. They occupy about 6.66 MB (6988488
bytes) on disk.
- 7.9.2_35704.exe (1.32 MB)
- 7.8.2_30332.exe (878.09 KB)
- 7.9.0_30659.exe (1.54 MB)
- 7.9.3_40299.exe (1.62 MB)
This page is about BitTorrent version 220.127.116.11704
only. For more BitTorrent versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are listed below.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Additional values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
BitTorrent is a program offered by the software company BitTorrent Inc.. Frequently, people choose to erase this application. This can be easier said than done because performing this manually requires some skill related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK approach to erase BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete BitTorrent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate BitTorrent or simply click the Search field and type in "BitTorrent". The BitTorrent application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select BitTorrent in the list of programs, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about BitTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall BitTorrent.
8. After removing BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of BitTorrent which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing BitTorrent using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall BitTorrent in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 16:55:37.630