BitTorrent is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your PC. It is written by A guide to uninstall BitTorrent from your computerBitTorrent Inc.
. Open here
for more details on BitTorrent Inc.. You can read more about on BitTorrent at http://www.bittorrent.com
. The program is frequently installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling BitTorrent is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. BitTorrent's primary file takes about 1.32 MB (1388888 bytes) and its name is 7.9.2_35704.exe.
The executable files below are installed along with BitTorrent. They occupy about 6.66 MB (6988488
bytes) on disk.
- 7.9.2_35704.exe (1.32 MB)
- 7.8.2_30332.exe (878.09 KB)
- 7.9.0_30659.exe (1.54 MB)
- 7.9.3_40299.exe (1.62 MB)
This page is about BitTorrent version 220.127.116.11704
only. For more BitTorrent versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are listed below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall BitTorrent:
The files below remain on your disk by BitTorrent when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\BitTorrent
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\BitTorrent
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe
- C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\uninst.exe
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\BitTorrent\Uninstall.lnk
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
BitTorrent is an application marketed by BitTorrent Inc.. Some computer users decide to erase this program. This is troublesome because uninstalling this by hand takes some know-how regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE procedure to erase BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove BitTorrent from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate BitTorrent or simply click the Search field and type in "BitTorrent". If it is installed on your PC the BitTorrent application will be found automatically. After you select BitTorrent in the list of apps, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about BitTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall BitTorrent.
8. After uninstalling BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of BitTorrent that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling BitTorrent using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove BitTorrent in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 16:55:37.630