This web page contains thorough information on how to remove BitTorrent for Windows. It is developed by A way to uninstall BitTorrent from your systemBitTorrent Inc.
. Open here
where you can get more info on BitTorrent Inc.. More details about the software BitTorrent can be found at http://www.bittorrent.com
. The application is usually placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent directory. Keep in mind that this path can differ depending on the user's choice. You can uninstall BitTorrent by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file has a size of 861.84 KB (882520 bytes) on disk and is named BitTorrent.exe.
BitTorrent installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 861.84 KB (882520
bytes) on disk.
- BitTorrent.exe (861.84 KB)
This data is about BitTorrent version 126.96.36.199545
alone. You can find here a few links to other BitTorrent releases:
...click to view all...
BitTorrent has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders left behind when you uninstall BitTorrent:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall BitTorrent:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\BitTorrent
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\BitTorrent\Adobe Acrobat 10.1.2 Pro.exe.torrent
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\BitTorrent\Adobe Tool v3.2.torrent
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\BitTorrent\Aircrack-ng .0.9.3 windows + manual[www.zonatorrent.com].torrent
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\BitTorrent\Amici Miei Atto I.avi.torrent
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
BitTorrent is a program released by BitTorrent Inc.. Some people decide to erase this application. Sometimes this is hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some skill regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK practice to erase BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove BitTorrent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate BitTorrent or simply click the Search field and type in "BitTorrent". The BitTorrent program will be found very quickly. After you select BitTorrent in the list of apps, the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding BitTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The software company is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall BitTorrent.
8. After uninstalling BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong BitTorrent that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing BitTorrent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall BitTorrent in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-22 10:01:24.023