This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall BitTorrent for Windows. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall BitTorrent from your systemBitTorrent Inc.
. Further information on BitTorrent Inc. can be found here
. Please follow http://www.bittorrent.com
if you want to read more on BitTorrent on BitTorrent Inc.'s website. Usually the BitTorrent application is found in the C:\Program Files\BitTorrent directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall BitTorrent. The application's main executable file has a size of 5.77 MB (6053744 bytes) on disk and is named BitTorrent.exe.
The following executables are installed alongside BitTorrent. They occupy about 5.77 MB (6053744
bytes) on disk.
The information on this page is only about version 7.6.0
of BitTorrent. You can find below info on other releases of BitTorrent:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling BitTorrent we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall BitTorrent from your computer:
- C:\Program Files\BitTorrent
- C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\BitTorrent.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\7GU52PLA\www.bittorrent.xml
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\BitTorrent.lnk
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
BitTorrent is an application by the software company BitTorrent Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to uninstall this program. This is easier said than done because removing this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK practice to uninstall BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove BitTorrent from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate BitTorrent or simply click the Search field and type in "BitTorrent". If it exists on your system the BitTorrent program will be found very quickly. When you select BitTorrent in the list of applications, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about BitTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The software company is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall BitTorrent.
8. After uninstalling BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of BitTorrent that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling BitTorrent using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove BitTorrent supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 15:37:57.943