You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall BitTorrent for Windows. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall BitTorrent from your systemBitTorrent Inc.
. More information about BitTorrent Inc. can be found here
. More info about the program BitTorrent can be seen at http://www.bittorrent.com
. The program is frequently installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent folder. Take into account that this location can vary being determined by the user's choice. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall BitTorrent. The application's main executable file has a size of 877.59 KB (898648 bytes) on disk and is called 7.8.2_30182.exe.
The executable files below are part of BitTorrent. They occupy about 1.71 MB (1797296
bytes) on disk.
- 7.8.2_30182.exe (877.59 KB)
The current page applies to BitTorrent version 126.96.36.199182
only. You can find here a few links to other BitTorrent versions:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall BitTorrent you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Generally, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
Additional values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
BitTorrent is a program offered by BitTorrent Inc.. Some people want to erase it. This is difficult because removing this manually requires some know-how regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to erase BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase BitTorrent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate BitTorrent or simply activate the Search feature and type in "BitTorrent". If it is installed on your PC the BitTorrent app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select BitTorrent in the list of applications, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about BitTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove BitTorrent.
8. After removing BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong BitTorrent that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling BitTorrent using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove BitTorrent supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 02:23:33.760