This page is about BitTorrent for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall BitTorrent from your systemBitTorrent Inc.
. Further information on BitTorrent Inc. can be seen here
. Click on http://www.bittorrent.com
to get more data about BitTorrent on BitTorrent Inc.'s website. The program is usually located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for removing BitTorrent is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. 7.9.8_42450.exe is the BitTorrent's primary executable file and it takes close to 2.04 MB (2140680 bytes) on disk.
BitTorrent installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 8.92 MB (9357936
bytes) on disk.
- 7.9.8_42450.exe (2.04 MB)
- 7.9.2_33028.exe (1.85 MB)
- 7.9.7_42331.exe (1.88 MB)
- utorrentie.exe (378.00 KB)
- utorrentie.exe (378.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 184.108.40.206028
of BitTorrent. For more BitTorrent versions please click below:
...click to view all...
BitTorrent has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders left behind when you uninstall BitTorrent:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall BitTorrent:
Additional registry values that you should remove:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\NVOFAT9S\bundles.bittorrent.xml
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\W32N2VHB\bundles_bittorrent_com.htm
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\20) Need For Speed -The.Run [FULL RIP].torrent
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe.FriendlyAppName
BitTorrent is a program marketed by the software company BitTorrent Inc.. Some people decide to remove this application. This can be easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand takes some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY solution to remove BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete BitTorrent from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find BitTorrent or simply activate the Search field and type in "BitTorrent". If it is installed on your PC the BitTorrent app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click BitTorrent in the list of programs, some information about the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about BitTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall BitTorrent.
8. After uninstalling BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong BitTorrent which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing BitTorrent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall BitTorrent in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-09-03 14:50:57.653